Those are the good days.
The best days.
- Me: What is something you like to do?
- Student: I like to lay down under the sofa cushions until it hurts.
- Him: How are you?
- Me: Okay.
- Him. Just okay? What is bothering you, my love?
I felt like an icky teacher today.
I let frustrations from not having the copy machine for the past week get to me. The past couple of days have been off due to plans being thrown off.
I shouldn’t have let it get to me.
On top of that, my kids have been extra chatty and wiggly so I lost my patience.
And raised my voice a couple times.
I HATE IT hatehatehatehateit.
One student even said, “They’re being crazy and I don’t like it.”
That was a flashback to last year.
I do not want to go back to last year.
- Student 1: That's why I don't like school, I don't like doing work.
- Student 2: Well, if you don't come to school and do work then you will be a hopeless stranger and not have food to eat.
I am the only kindergarten teacher at my school without an aide. It took me a bit to come to terms with it.
Today, the aide for the other teachers was out and they were commenting how it threw everything off. I commented, “Well you guys at least have an aide, I always have no one. “
One of the kinder teachers response, “Oh well.”
I had a few words to say but I kept it to myself.
That irked me.