*insert happy GIFs that I do not have organized at the moment*
Congratulations to all graduates!
When you do, you diminish the growth you have made because someone has reached a certain success that you are in the process of reaching.
Look how far you have come. Think back to 5, 10 years ago where you had not reached this milestone and had to overcome so many obstacles. Be proud. Be happy. You are here and you deserve it.
What an emotional few days it has been…My paperwork is in with the district which means I can start going to schools and interviewing! Almost there!
I almost tagged this “student teaching” but I am no longer one…my tags will soon read “first year teacher”
(Source: dailydoseofstuf, via adventuresinemmaland)
I am thinking of setting up a website with my own domain name and don’t want to include a grade in the domain name because a) I don’t know what grade I will be teaching and b) I want to use the same name when and if I switch grades in the future.
edukaition asked: I know you had kindergarten for student teaching, but I don't remember if you were early childhood or anything. So...what is your dream grade level? If you got to pick, what would you want?
Hello! I had kindergarten this semester and 3rd grade last semester so no I am not early childhood. My credential is for k-6 multiple subjects. My dream grade level would be between K-3 but if I had to pick I would pick 1st or second. I feel like I mesh better in primary, even though 3rd isn’t considered primary. I think 4th and 5th would be more challenging for me because I have never student taught or observed one therefore everything would be so new for me. So dream wise, I would like primary. Reality wise, give me anything! :)
I have some free time now where I want to just unwind and be on my laptop. :)
Shoot some questions my way?
My favorite Dr. Seuss book.
This is normal, right?
seekelslearn asked: TAG, you’re it! The rules are to state ten random facts about yourself. Then send this to the five nicest people on tumblr. (Except those are less "rules" than "mild suggestions which you should feel free to ignore if you're tired or busy or just don't feel like it".) :)
Oh, fun! Thanks for tagging me.
1. I am an only child. Sometimes I hate it but mostly I love it :)
2. I am a HUGE NBA fan with the Lakers being my team. We will be back and better next season!
3. I love watching beauty videos on youtube. I got into it last year. Before that I never wore makeup mostly because I didn’t know how but I have learned so much watching the videos and getting to know these girls. They’re great! Now I have makeup tricks up my sleeve, even though I still don’t wear a lot. Just enough to enhance my features.
4. I love animals. If I could, I would build a no kill animal shelter and adopt animals to be kept there because it is unfortunate that these poor animals, mostly dogs, end up in shelters and get euthanized because their owners didn’t know how to handle them. If you know you can’t take care of an animal, don’t get it. Or give it to someone that would provide the love you couldn’t. I can go on and on about how I want to save all the animals that are suffering in the world but that is it’s own post.
5. I love to write. I used to write poetry, since I was about 10, but have recently stopped because I don’t have time anymore. Poems used to come to me while I was falling asleep, driving, drinking coffee, and they would just flow so naturally into a touching piece but I haven’t written one in a year. I used to dream about publishing everything I had written, some short stories but mostly poems, but I don’t know if I have that dream anymore. I mostly wrote for myself, not for other’s reading. It was my way of making sense of thoughts and emotions. Hopefully I get back into writing again…
6. I read all the Harry Potter books in one month last summer. I remember reading the first one when I was in 6th grade, about the time it first came out, but I never really got into it. When the Harry Potter craze was going around, I was thinking, “How can you guys read that? It isn’t even interesting. Who cares about wizards and magic.” But last year, in my children’s literature class, we read the first one and I had to write a paper on it. I was hesitant at first because I remember not liking it but boy was I surprised! I loved it! I was so hooked. I went to the library right after I finished the first one and stocked up on all of them and just read, read, read. I couldn’t stop. It was so entrancing and wonderful. I finally understood what everyone saw in it. I remember lagging the last book because I didn’t want the series to end. I was thinking, “What am I going to do now? I don’t want this feeling to stop.” But I wanted to know what happened so I read it and was left content. I was sad it was over, but I was happy because the conclusion of it was fulfilling. I hadn’t watched any of the movies until after I finished reading the whole series. I am so happy that my professor had us read the first book last year because I would never have enjoyed Hogwarts if it wasn’t for him.
7. On the topic of reading. I love to read. As a kid, I would take a book with me everyone; car rides, bathroom, to bed, to everyone’s house. I just couldn’t get enough of reading. English was my second language and it was difficult for me when I was learning it but the good thing was that I was young so I picked it up quickly. Once English and I became great friends, I read and read and read some more.
8. I have never broken any bones. (knock on wood)
9. I might be an animal lover but overall, I am a dog lover. I had always wanted one ever since I could remember. It would be on my Christmas wishlist, it was what I wished for when I saw the first star of the night. It was all I could think about ever since I was 5. My parents were always against it, “It will dirty up the house. It is a huge responsibility. It is a lot of money. etc.” But then, for my 20th birthday, my parents finally caved in and I got just what I wanted. I was so surprised! I never thought it would happen. She is the joy in my life and currently she is snoring up a storm <3
10. I have lived in the same city for over 17 years and I love it. If I was ever to move away from this city, I wouldn’t want to move far because it is my home.